The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
- Date of birth:
- August 24th, 1923 (Drummore/Wigtownshire/Scotland, Great Britain)
- Date of death:
- October 27th, 2013 (West Linton/Scotland, Great Britain)
- British (1801-present, Kingdom)
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Leading Aircraftman
- No. 2876 Squadron (Light Anti-Aircraft), 2nd Tactical Air Force
- Awarded on:
- January 4th, 1946
"In January, 1945, this airman was No. 2 gun layer in a Bofors gun crew when more than fifty enemy aircraft made a forty-minute attack on an airfield. A Fw190 made a direct attack on the gun crew, who were in an exposed position.
Leading Aircraftman Adair continued laying with such good effect that the aircraft was hit and forced to disengage. Although enemy bullets were hitting the ground only a few yards away, he remained cool and efficient, maintaining a high standard of discipline that was an inspiration to the remainder of the detachment."
Published in The London Gazette dated 4th January 1946.
- Photo 1: Bill MacDonald
- Photo: Bill MacDonald
- - Supplement to The London Gazette of 1st January 1946, Issue 37418, dated 4th January 1946