Forrest Harold Thompson was born on December 15th, 1917 as the son to Waldo Samual and Ethel Annie Thompson and was married to Olive Mabel Thompson.
He was killed on March 21st, 1945 as Air Gunner with the rank of Flying Officer in Lockheed Hudson, FK803 "MA-N", 161 Squadron, that crashed near Maulusmühle during SOE Operatie Benedict to Germany.
The Pilot of the aircraft, Flight Lieutenant Terence Helfer, Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve, managed to escape by parachute. The other crew members and three Belgian Secret Agents were killed. The total crew excisted of:
- Pilot, Flight Lieutenant Terence Helfer, 127041 RAFVR;
- Wireless Operator, Flying Officer Raymond Frankish Escreet, 143469 RAFVR, KIA;
- Navigator, Flying Officer Henry Scurr Johnson, 168807 RAFVR, KIA;
- Air Gunner, Flying Officer Forrest Harold Thompson, 412766 RNZAF, KIA;
- Guy José Florent Corbisier, KIA;
- Léon Ghislain de Winter, KIA;
- Jean-Jacques Morel, KIA.
?: Gisborne High School;
?: Ruakura Agricultural College;
?: Sheep Farmer, Tokomaru Bay;
May 1941: Initial Training Wing, R.N.Z.A.F., Levin;
August 1941: Empire Training Scheme, Canada;
January 1942: No. ? Operational Training Unit, England;
September 1942: No. 218 Squadron;
?: Bombing and Gunnery Flight, Warham;
March 1944: No. 161 Squadron.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!