- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Oberstleutnant (Lieutenant-colonel)
- Kommandant "Fester Platz Kowel"
- Awarded on:
- May 2nd, 1944
1) SS-Obersturmbannführer en Oberstleutnant der Sch. Golz has distinguished himself extraordinarily before as Ia in the "Chefs der Bandenkampfverbände” during the planning and execution of all important anti-terror operations since December 1942. In particular, he has played a decisive role in the destruction of various spots of resistance, putting himself at the head of the fighting regardless of rank or position; e.g. during Operation Franz in 1943 when he took charge of a Polizeibattalion to prevent the outbreak of a resistance group in furious man to man combat. The destruction of this large group was published in a Wehrmachtbericht at the time.
2) In December 1943, it was due to Oberleutnant Golz’ remarkable tactical abilities that the crisis was solved in which the combatgroups had found themselves during Operation Otto. The crisis had developed when the Soviet army had broken through at Newel and had entered the area of operations against the resistance. On this and other occassions, Oberstleutnant Golz has particularly distinguished himself by his heroic committment and fine example, operating at the head of his men. His willingness to act and his self-sacrifice have contributed greatly to the outcome of the battle.