In this museum, visitors live through the period preceding the war, experience the occupation, celebrate the liberation and witness the rebuilding of the Netherlands and Europe after the war.
By using interactive presentations, dioramas, models, original films and sound fragments, the liberation is depicted captivatingly. The museum shows both young and old the current value and importance of democracy, freedom and human rights.
* Secret closet for hiding and playing Radio Orange
* Bird's-eye-view model of Operations Market Garden
* Human rights wall and tolerance test
* Air-raid shelter and Liberation Street
* Authentic nose section of Waco glider
* Dilemma game: make life-altering decisions
* Diorama of the Waal Crossing
* Lower-Rhine war
* Honorary Dome with Roll of Honor (containing the names of all Allied soldiers who died between D-Day and 8 May 1945)
Activities and programs:
* Tours and regularly changing expositions
* Film evenings and lectures
* Educational programs
* Special activities for children
* Walking and cycling tours
* Battlefield tours (by bus or bicycle)
* Year events: commemoration of the dead on 4 May, celebration of National
Liberation Day on 5 May, Liberation Market in September and Poppy Day
For current visiting hours, please visit the website of the museum.
Do you have more information about this location? Inform us!