- Date of birth:
- April 9th, 1894 (Dresden/Saxony, Germany)
- Date of death:
- February 11th, 1945 (Budapest, Hungary)
- Buried on:
- German-Hungarian War Cemetery Budaörs
- German (1933-1945, German Reich)
Gerhard Schmidhuber lies buried as an unknown soldier at the German War Cemetery Budaörs.
September 8th, 1915: Leutnant der Reserve;
July 15th, 1934: Hauptmann (Patent December 1st, 1935);
July 1st, 1941: Oberstleutnant;
April 1st, 1942: Oberst;
October 1st, 1944: Generalmajor.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Generalmajor (Brigadier)
- Kommandeur, 13. Panzer-Division, Heer
- Awarded on:
- January 21st, 1945
Awarded for his leadership of the 13. Panzer-Division during the battle of Budapest, where it showed itself to be one of the hardest fighting units in the defense of the city.
- Photo 1: Bundesarchiv 101I-088-3743-15A
- Photo: Bundesarchiv 101I-088-3743-15A
- - FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- PATZWALL, K. & SCHERZER, V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001.
- THOMAS, FRANZ & WEGMANN, GÜNTER, Die Eichenlaubträger 1940-1945, Biblio-Verlag, 1998.