The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
- Date of birth:
- December 12th, 1917 (Philadelphia/Pennsylvania, United States)
- Date of death:
- August 6th, 1994 (Newton/New Jersey, United States)
John Novak was also entitled to wear the Presidential Unit Citation Ribbon and recieved after the war the Army of Occupation Service Medal with "GERMANY" Bar Device.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- 10th Armored Infantry Batallion, 4th Armored Divison, U.S. Army
Was awarded Bronze Star for heroic action near Voellerdingen France 4th December 1944. He drew fire from a German patrol that was trying to sneak up on his repair crew as they were trying to recover a light tank in disputed territory. He killed 7 of the enemy and saved the lives of his repair crew.
With "V" for Valour.
- Photo 1: Todd Jaretsky
- Photo: Todd Jaretsky (photo: January 1945, Frisange Luxembourg)
- - Article The Herald-News (Pasaic, NJ)
- Decorations via Todd Jaretsky