- Date of birth:
- January 7th, 1919 (Kassel, Germany)
- Date of death:
- September 22nd, 1981 (Haardt/Neustadt, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
April 1st, 1942: Oberleutnant.
June 1st, 1944: Major.
November 1st, 1940: Zugführer 13. Kompanie, Schützen-Regiment 33;
January 8th, 1941: Zugführer 5. Kompanie/2. Kompanie, Kradschützen-Bataillon 34;
November 14th, 1942: Führer 1. Kompanie, Kradschützen-Bataillon 34
February 7th, 1943: Chef 1. Kompanie, Kradschützen-Bataillon 34 / 1. Kompanie, Panzer-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 4;
November 28th, 1943: Fhr. I./Pz.Gren.Rgt. 12;
April 20th, 1944: Kdr. I./Pz.Gren.Rgt. 12.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Hauptmann (Captain)
- Führer, I. Bataillon, Panzergrenadier-Regiment 12, 4. Panzer-Division, Heer
- Awarded on:
- November 28th, 1943
On the 28.11.1943, during an attack on Sabolotje, Hauptmann Möller would be wounded while leading his battalion. However he nonetheless remained to lead his men for the rest of the attack until the village could finally be taken. In the process the enemy, who were defending in battalion strength, were routed with heavy losses in men and weapons (the latter including lots of AT guns). For this deed, as well as his previous accomplishments as a commander, Möller would be decorated with the Knight’s Cross.
According to the Beurteilung awarded on August 23rd, 1944.
- Photo: Wilco Vermeer collection
- - DEBUS, ARNO, Die Ritterkreuzträger der 4. Panzer-Division: 1939 - 1945, Selbstverl. des Hrsg., 2011.
- DÖRR, M., Die Träger der Nahkampfspange in Gold, Heer - Luftwaffe - Waffen-SS 1943-1945, Biblio-Verlag, Bisendorf, 2006.
- FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- PATZWALL, K. & SCHERZER, V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001.
- Beurteilung zum 5-1-1945 via Bundesarchiv