The website has become even bigger and better! WW2Awards.com has been fully merged with TracesOfWar.com. From now on, the sections Persons and Awards are available. Much more information in a larger jacket
- Date of birth:
- November 23rd, 1914 (Cologne/North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany)
- Date of death:
- February 27th, 1999 (Cologne/North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
June 1st, 1941: Hauptmann (RDA -14-);
January 1st, 1943: Major (RDA -57-);
January 1st, 1945: Oberstleutnant.
?: Gebirgs-Panzerjäger-Abteilung 48;
October 1940: Panzer-Regiment 21;
June 1942: Kommandeur III. / Panzer-Regiment 21;
January 25th, 1943: St. 8 Münster, Führerreserve OKH;
April 3rd, 1943: Panzer-Ersatz-Abteilung 500;
April 29th, 1943: Kommandeur Panzer-Abteilung 216 ( III. / Panzerjäger-Regiment 656);
November 1st, 1943: Stab Königlische Bulgarische Heeresleitung, Führerreserve OKH;
February 15th, 1944: Kommandeur Panzerlehrgang "Panther", Erlangen;
October 20th, 1944: m.d.F.b. Panzer-Regiment Großdeutschland;
March 28th, 1945: Kommandeur Panzer-Regiment Großdeutschland.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Hauptmann (Captain)
- Kommandeur, III. Abteilung, Panzer-Regiment 21 20. Panzer-Division, Heer
- Awarded on:
- February 8th, 1943
Awarded for distinguishing himself during the closing of a pocket of Soviet troops SE of Toropez. After three days of hard fighting the reinforced III./Panzer-Regiment 21 succeeded in sealing off the last exit from the pocket following a bold thrust launched on Kahl’s own initiative. By this action the fate of the Soviet troops in the pocket was sealed.
1519th Heer Award.
Submitted on January 22nd 1943.
Preliminary document and decoration on February 10th 1943 to AOK 9.
Awarded for his outstanding accomplishments during the battle of Kursk while in support of the 86. Infanterie-Division.
Submitted on August 1st 1943.
- Photo 1: Willi Schumacher Collection
- Photo: Willi Schumacher Collection
- - FEDERL, CH., Die Ritterkreuzträger der Deutschen Panzerdivisionen 1939-1945, VDM Heinz Nickel, Zweibrücken, 2000.
- FELLGIEBEL, W.P., Elite of theThird Reich, Helion & Company Limited, Solihull, 2003.
- PATZWALL, K. & SCHERZER, V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001.
- THOMAS, FRANZ & WEGMANN, GÜNTER, Die Eichenlaubträger 1940-1945, Biblio-Verlag, 1997.
- Axis Biographical Research