The Buona Vista Battery was the site of two 15" guns that were constructed during the late 1930's as part of the Singapore defenses. Due to the limited seaward angle of the guns. As a result, these guns saw no action during the Battle of Singapore and were partially destroyed by the retreating British in February 1942. The Japanese forces repaired gun no. 2 for use elsewhere. Today, no visible remnants of the battery remain.
The photo posted is showing todays Singapore Armed Forces Provost KINs training camp where the No. 1 15" B/L gun was emplaced on the high point within the camp just above and out of the photo.
The No.2 15" B/L gun was on the opposite side of the road ( behind of photographer ) and located in the premises of what used to be the Nexus International School until recently when the school relocated and the current premises has been slated to be used as a dormitory for foreign workers
The massive concrete trusses of the railway bridge connected and serving gun No.2 was demolished about 10 yrs ago.
Do you have more information about this location? Inform us!