Graham, Quintin Dick
- Date of birth:
- July 4th, 1895 (Antrim/Northern Ireland, United Kingdom)
- Date of death:
- September 2nd, 1968 (Titchfield/Hampshire, United Kingdom)
- British (1801-present, Kingdom)
Graham was Captain of the H.M.S. Indefatigable from September 1943 and was in command of his ship during the attacks on Okinawa,
Midshipman: 15 January, 1913
Second Lieutenant: 30 September, 1915
Lieutenant: 30 March, 1917
Lieutenant Commander: 21 December,1930
Captain: 30 June, 1937
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
"For resolution and skill in command of H.M.S. Unicorn during active and sustained flying operations against the enemy in the course of an assault on the Italian coast in the Gulf of Salerno."
"Captain Grahams ship being hit by a suicide bomber on the flight deck, he had all fires controlled and sufficient repairs executed in such fashion that he was in readiness to recommence operating aircraft within 40 minutes. Notwithstanding the action damage received, Indefatigable, under his leadership, continued to operate her aircraft, until the end of the operation, a total period of two months."
Second DSO awarded as a bar for on the ribbon of the first DSO.
- - Second Supplement to The London Gazette Issue 35315 published on the 17 October 1941
- Fourth Supplement to The London Gazette Issue 35706 published on the 11 September 1942
- Second Supplement to The London Gazette Issue 35841 published on the 29 December 1942
- Third Supplement to The London Gazette Issue 36001 published on the 30 April 1943
- Fourth Supplement to The London Gazette Issue 36526 published on the 19 May 1944
- Third Supplement to The London Gazette Issue 37318 published on the 19 October 1945
- Royal Navy (RN) Officers 1939-1945 -- G