McKenzie Muir, Donald
- Service number:
- 524756(NCO/54035 (Officer)
- British (1801-present, Kingdom)
After the war KcKenzie Muir served with B.O.A.C. and British European Airways.
? Flight Sergeant
? Warrant Officer
December 3th, 1943: Pilot Officer (probation/emergency)
December 3th,1944: Flying Officer (war sub) ?
December 3th,1945: Flight Lieutenant (war sub)
June 25th, 1959: Commission relinquished
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Flying Officer
- No. 224 Squadron, Royal Air Force
- Awarded on:
- October 10th, 1944
"Flying Officer Donald McKenzie commenced his operational career in Abyssinia and Eritrea where he accomplished 74 sorties against the enemy. On six occasions his aircraft was engaged by enemy fighters, and once a forced landing became necessary, during which Flying Officer Muir was wounded. Since joining his present squadron, this officer has participated in two attacks on enemy submarines. His skill as a wireless operator has been of the greatest value to his squadron."
- - Supplement to The London Gazette Issue 35399 published on the 30 December 1941
- Second Supplement to The London Gazette Issue 36365 published on the 4 February 1944
- Fifth Supplement to The London Gazette Issue 36739 published on the 6 October 1944
- Supplement to The London Gazette Issue 37418 published on the 1 January 1946
- Second Supplement to The London Gazette Issue 41775 published on the 24 July 1959
- Jim Bullock Militaria